Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

NeverWet

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Have you guys seen this stuff? I am thinking I may never have to wash my toilet or shower stall ever again. Could be lots of hunting applications to. You could coat your boots, your hunting blind, and maybe your broadheads. I'm sure there are lots of uses that I haven't thought of yet. They partnered with Rustoleum so you can get it at Home Depot for $20.

http://www.neverwet.com/index.php

CritterGitterToo

Central Ohio
Ok, I have watched a lot of review videos on this stuff. It's got some weaknesses in its game for sure. Apparently, it can be easily rubbed off or washed off. Any kind of soap will cause it to break down. Also, it doesn't stand up to high pressure very well. A shower head probably wouldn't wash it off, but blazing across a lake at 35-45 mph certainly will. Still, I think it has some useful applications like waterproofing a blind, hunting/work boots, or coating a shower stall.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What about the commercial side of the house? Same problems? I'd do the top cap of the boat not so much the lower hill that actually sits in the water.... Tree stand seats would definetly get a coat lol

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I alway apply a thin coat of olive oil to my broadheads before season. Olive oil kind of gets tacky when left open to air and it stays on the blades all season. The biggest downfall to a blades edge is rust. Microscopic rust eats the edge of the blade making it dull after only being exposed to humidity. Try this as an experiment. For you guys that use disposable razors. Tap it on a dry towel after each use and dry the blades. That cheap razor will stay sharp and new for 5+ months. Shaving isn't what dulls the blade. It's the constant moisture and blade edge rust.