Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

The touble of finding a "good" whitetail back.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
To me it seems the quest to find a good pack that works for whitetail huning is such a tedious journey. I have struggled and have never been completely satisfied with what is available for us ohio hunter. The majority of my hunting involves climbers and hauling sticks and other gear to keep people out of my stands. For me back packs are a pain and way too big while fanny packs are to small for some all day sits. Then there is trying to find something thay works with my climber...it my be my white whale of hunting gear but im still looking...anyone have any ideas? Id love to find a waterproof pack but for now i will take functionality over perfection. Im leaning toward the tenzing tz-1250 right now

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I have a Bad Lands pack. I pack rather light, so mine isn't very big. It does have a lot of compartments and and more than enough room for my binos,grunt calls,water bottles,rattling antlers,screw in steps and etc. hope you find what your looking for.

Kaiser878

ohio
My biggest concern with packs in that the "pouch" sits low on my back.... so when carrying a climber the pack can still be worn and doesnt affect the comfort of walking in with a climber on my back.. Also, it must also have a small pouch, but big enough to hold 5-6 5/8in grade 8 bolts tightly....

Milo

Tatonka guide.
My biggest concern with packs in that the "pouch" sits low on my back.... so when carrying a climber the pack can still be worn and doesnt affect the comfort of walking in with a climber on my back.. Also, it must also have a small pouch, but big enough to hold 5-6 5/8in grade 8 bolts tightly....

When i have my climber i attach my current pack to the climber amd carry it as all one unit.
A couple places i want to get in thos year will be about a 30 minute walk loaded and i wont want to come in and out of there very much. I see the rea challenge being with lone wolf and sticks

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fluteman has a "prototype" in his head that needs to be built and sold. It is the solution to this issue. That being said, I really like my two bag system with the GamePlan Gear Spot N Stalk and Bow Bat. When I am packing a stand in, I use the Bow Bat and carry it like a briefcase or sling it over my shoulder and carry it in front. I use the Spot N Stalk when I am going it without a stand.