Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Tecumseh!

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Was supposed to go last year and never got around to it. I hear its worth seeing but doesn't finish till late in the evening.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'd like to as it is possible I am a descendant of Tecumseh. My great-great-grandmother on my mom's side was 100% Shawnee and was rumored to have traced her lineage back to Tecumseh's time. I will go watch it one of these days.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Its a good show! I saw it several times when I was a kid and have been planning to take my kids - just haven't. As was already stated, read the frontiersman, its awesome and has a comfortable place in our home right next to my favorite toilet. I've probably read it a dozen times. We live in what was once some really wild country, and the local history is something that's always interested me.

The show does end pretty late in the evening, Mike. I've heard they have taken some of the brutality out of it, which was a highlight in my mind. If people realized all that our forefathers went through to settle and create this country, perhaps we wouldn't be so quick to give it away.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I spend a lot of time in my history class teaching about Tecumseh and other Shawnee chiefs and events (Cornstalk, Battle of Point Pleasant, etc...). If I can talk the boss into it, I think we will catch it and just shack up in a hotel that night then head home. We shall see...

I'm disappointed to hear that they took some of the realism out of it. I read the reviews and some say it was too much for young kids, like my dauighter, but she is worund my boys all the time so I think she would be just fine. Lol

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
They used to carve a white guy to pieces while he was tied to a stake. I've heard they don't have blood flying as they once did.

As far as being too harsh for kids; I don't think so. The first time I saw the show I was probably 5 or 6. My older brother and his friend had me terrified the injuns were coming after me, but amazingly I was not shot. :).

I'm pretty sure I'll get tickets as soon as we return from our fishing trip. Thanks for getting it back on my radar!

themedic

OHIO
I went last year and enjoyed it. Yeah its a little cheesy but their is a tone of action and is very entertaining.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Went to many a outdoor drama as kid. This is one thing that my father enjoyed so we went to many. Tecumseh is a great one to go to. Lots of history. There are others I remember going to in Ohio but don't know if they are still around. One is Blue Jacket, the other is Trumpet in the land. Ther is also one here close to me that I haven't seen yet about Johnny Appleseed.