Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Sarge's 4th of July

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Well he's been gone a month now and I made the 3 hr one way trip up to see the trainer and spend the day with my boy. Force fetch, Collar Conditioning, and OB are done. He's in marking drills now and starting to learn to count by working doubles. He's still a little young on the concept but he's getting the point, just need to make the doubles a little shorter. He's turning out to be a nice little gun dog, still got a LONG way to go though!!!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He's looking good, Zach! His trip to the trainer will be well worth it.

Betty and I are still going through force fetch. "Hold" was tough for her to figure out, but "Fetch" came easily to her since she had already figured that out a while ago... somehow. In the next day or two I'll be transitioning from ear pinch to the e-collar, then onto CC'ing her OB commands and force-to-pile work. It's going well now, but FF has definitely been the most trying part of training her so far.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I hear ya bud! I got thru hold, and he knew fetch pretty good before going up so there really wasn't much Jim (trainer) had to do except take what I taught him and turn it into a solid foundation. As much as we work our dogs I have NO doubt they're going to turn into great hunting partners and family members! You'll have to post some updated pics of her up sometime soon.