Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Military / Vets could get free licenses

Huckleberry Finn

I'd support it if there was reciprocity with other states...ie, if someone at Wright Patt gets to hunt deer for free, ole Tom out west should get to do the same.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
My Dad is considered 50% disabled from being blown half apart in Vietnam. He called to see about free licenses and they told him you have to be 100% disabled. He laughed and asked them if he needed to be braindead also

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My Dad is considered 50% disabled from being blown half apart in Vietnam. He called to see about free licenses and they told him you have to be 100% disabled. He laughed and asked them if he needed to be braindead also

Tell your dad I appreciate his sacrifice Ryan. Your dad is the reason we need benefits like this. Our troops deserve some perks. Disability is for people like your dad. . . .NOT for lazy pukes that are too fat to walk. The system is broken.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio

I draw 20 percent disability and looked into it also and found out about the 100 percent deal, I asked the local VA rep if your 100 percent disabled how in the hell are you gonna hunt anyways! Just a way for the state to say they offer something but actually don't have to give anything! IMO if you have a honorable discharge it should be free anyways!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Here's one for ya. One of my good buddies served honorably for 4 years in the Marines. He served in Afganistan and when he returned he wrestled for the All Marine team. He went to Colorado Springs and worked out Rulon Gardner and Dremil Byers, both badasses. Anyhow, he tore a tendon in his elbow there and had to have surgery, and also had a cancerous cyst develop on his leg and had it removed. He's now a school teacher in Urban Dallas and draws 90% disability check and he's perfectly fine. My Dad has 1 properly functioning Kidney, a clamp that holds his Jugular Vein in place, shrapnel still in his hip and neck, and he has to pay for his own Dental cuz the VA wont give him dental coverage. He would be the last person to beg for anything though. He kinda laughs it all off. Just makes me shake my head sometimes

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Red, sounds like he needs a new patient advocate.... I think w that's what they're called.... I have a friend that used too work for the VA I'll ask her about some stuff.... If you don't mind....