Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Second worse pain?

True Story:

Jim had lung cancer and was in a Toledo hospital room, waiting for the doctor to come in and tell him about his surgery. When the doctor walked in, Jim's brother, Corky, was visiting with him. The doc introduced himself and began explaining the lung surgery.

After the explanation, the doc said, "Jim, I'd like for you to tell me about the worst pain that you've had to endure. We've found that most patients recover better and quicker, if they know what to expect when going into a surgery and have something to compare it with, in their life."

Without so much as a hesitation, Jim says, "Well, doc, I can't tell you about my worst pain, but I can tell you about my second worst pain."

The doc says, "Okay, lets go with that."

Jim tells a story about an elk bowhunt, out west and how it hit him that he had to take a crap, but didn't want to spoil the area. So, he went down the hill to a beaver pond, where there was a low hanging branch that he could sit on to take a crap. He said that he'd no long sit down and dropped a "duce" right into a bear trap and the jaws clapped a hold of his balls.

The doc's eyes got huge, as he cringed and he said, "That had to be absolutely horrible. Wait...wait! You said that was your second worst pain. What on earth could be worse?" :smiley_chinrub:

Jim says, "Ohh...that was when I ran to the end of the chain on the trap."

Corky told the doc, "See how he is...don't worry about the pain, just cut his lung out and he'll be fine." :smiley_armscrossed:

Last edited: