Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

horton bankrupt?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
This is the reply I recieved from a Very Respectable Crossbow Man:

At the moment from what little I know there are several things going on with Horton…not sure what may actually be happening though.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm curious as too why? Their sales always seemed too be good in our area.... Lots of people shooting their equipment.... I went too the plant this last winter too get a new set of limbs put on my sons bow for him.... Customer service went out of their way too help and they seemed busy while I was there for drop off and pick up....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm curious as too why? Their sales always seemed too be good in our area.... Lots of people shooting their equipment.... I went too the plant this last winter too get a new set of limbs put on my sons bow for him.... Customer service went out of their way too help and they seemed busy while I was there for drop off and pick up....

Because you can't make a product in china then try to charge the same as when you made them in the USA. Especially when others make their in china too and charge appropriately.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Because you can't make a product in china then try to charge the same as when you made them in the USA. Especially when others make their in china too and charge appropriately.

Ah, and there's that little tidbit.... Did not know they were outsourcing.... Thanks for the update Joe...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
No shit!? I just looked through Cabezas archery catalog and Horton is not even in it.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Interesting. Would be nice to see jobs stay in Ohio. Couldn't blame them for leaving Ohio though. Ohio is a horrible state to run a business in. Where is Ten Point based?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
About 4 years ago or so they quietly sent production to china.

I was dealing with Horton quite a bit at this particular time. I was told that certain parts were limited as they were moving to China.....But Thompson Center bought them out and was in the process of bringing it all back to Ohio. True or not, I am not positive ~~ Just what I was told about parts being limited on older models.