Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Building A Better Moustrap....It's All About Sensitivity!!

OK, so some may think this is the classic "build a better mouse trap" kinda thing....well if I hadn't spotted it as I was going through pictures I would have thought maybe my Covert trail camera was playing tricks on me!! Sure enough, it caught the movement......OF A MOUSE!!

Here are the originals.....can ya spot him?!?

Maybe this will help you.....

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
TOO funny!! Would have been better if I captured a fox or owl gobbling him up I know!! Wonder if the Monster RAXX will benefit the lil guy...they're not too far away.... :smiley_clap:

Monster Raxx and Covert Cams, sounds like the perfect pitch...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Cool. But i don't want a trigger that sensitive. Lol. I like big 200+ pound deer. not a mouse, a squirrel, a chipmunk, a bird, a rat, or a partridge in a pear tree. Actually that last one might be kind of cool to have a picture of. I digress. That's a booner of a mouse.

Cool. But i don't want a trigger that sensitive. Lol. I like big 200+ pound deer. not a mouse, a squirrel, a chipmunk, a bird, a rat, or a partridge in a pear tree. Actually that last one might be kind of cool to have a picture of. I digress. That's a booner of a mouse.

I agree with you on a sensitive camera like that for all the other critters out there that may trip it, going through a bunch of pictures of squirrels and birds can get annoying at times. But then again I wouldn't have been able to share these with ya's! :pickle: The one thing I can say about these cameras is you would think with this kind of sensitivity I would have a bunch of false triggers but I really don't get that many. Generally if there is a picture then some living creature tripped it. Hopefully next time I'll get a fox or an owl swooping down to grab the lil bugger!! lmao

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I use my Moultrie in my yard to see what goes on at night.
One picture only once of an owl, and deer avoid my yard though I've seen deer poo under the apple tree
I regularly get pictures of skunks coons possums small rodents
The Moultrie is so good, sometimes the pictures just look like grass - that's 'cause it's takin' pictures of moles

And lots of pictures of both the dog and me peeing in the middle of the night.