Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Early season fun..

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Well sittin here having a good time getting some arrows ready for johnrohio to whack some critters with this fall..just a reminder that now is a good time to get all those arrows cleaned up and ready fr some fun blood letting.. uploadfromtaptalk1372725966362.jpg

Im debating switching arrows this year just cause..have you shot these before tom?

Nope, but I'm tired of my FMJ's getting bent or having tip of the arrow busting. Easton's Hidden Insert Technology, AKA the HIT insert is a solution to a problem that never existed. It actually created a few. The GT Kinetic Pro is the only shaft besides the FMJ that is in the 10 plus grain per inch range and has a straightness of plus or minus .001 inch. I ordered a half dozen Kinetic Pro's to play around with.

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Nope, but I'm tired of my FMJ's getting bent or having tip of the arrow busting. Easton's Hidden Insert Technology, AKA the HIT insert is a solution to a problem that never existed. It actually created a few. The GT Kinetic Pro is the only shaft besides the FMJ that is in the 10 plus grain per inch range and has a straightness of plus or minus .001 inch. I ordered a half dozen Kinetic Pro's to play around with.

Im not a FMJ fan either. I dont think they put enough energy or effort into them. I used to shoot beman matrix which are aluminum core carbon over arrows and they kicked azz..
I think they are acc's after easton bought beman. Im mayne going to try some deer crossing archery arrows this year. Look them up. Im going to maybe try the SD series.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm not sure if .002" matters to most archers, but the Axis 300's I just ordered are 10.7 gpi and a tough as hell. They showed up this weekend, so it is time to get serious!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm not sure if .002" matters to most archers, but the Axis 300's I just ordered are 10.7 gpi and a tough as hell. They showed up this weekend, so it is time to get serious!

Agreed. The cheapo Easton Excels are 10 gpi and I guarantee I wouldn't notice the difference between shooting them vs. some .001 GT Kinetics.

Ricer2231

Im not a FMJ fan either. I dont think they put enough energy or effort into them. I used to shoot beman matrix which are aluminum core carbon over arrows and they kicked azz..
I think they are acc's after easton bought beman. Im mayne going to try some deer crossing archery arrows this year. Look them up. Im going to maybe try the SD series.

I was thinking about trying some of the DCAs TOO. I've been hearing a lot about them.