Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Mast Crops

themedic

OHIO
Anyone started looking at mast crops in their hunting grounds yet? Apple trees and Beechnuts are loaded this year.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Going to be a good year all over with the amount of moisture we've had. Should help a lot of bucks with growth development and keep food yield high

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Going to be a good year all over with the amount of moisture we've had. Should help a lot of bucks with growth development and keep food yield high

No doubt about it. My apple trees are looking good. Crop fields are looking good too.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Hopefully, the acorns are plentiful this year. That's their preferred mast crop.

No kidding? I thought it was walnuts they preferred....dang!rotflmao

J/K bro:smiley_coolpeace:

What were you doing up so late when you have to get up at 3am to head to Cincy! Drive safe bro and be safe on those girders!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
No doubt the moisture this year should really help things along. Crop fields around here look better than I've seen them look in years. Almost every field is in tip top shape. From what I have seen of our oaks, things look good. Should be a great fall!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am not getting any hopes up. We live in OHIO! Everything is subject to change. lmao

Ricer2231

I talked to my bear guide in Maine the other night. He said they have had a lot of rain and thinks it has knocked the pollination level (?) down a bunch. I think that's what he called it but anyhow. He said that works to the hunters advantage because the blueberries and other native berries don't produce near as well and the bears tend to hit the baits alot harder. I like hearing that!