Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

You and the 'Ol man ....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was up in the cabin looking for my Evercalm when I found myself looking at my picture board of days gone by. I've got pictures posted of past deer harvest, trail cam pics, past dogs ..... & of course pics of Dad, in various stages of my life. I thought it would be fun & befitting to start a thread of remembering & sharing.

Here's one of my most favorite pics. I was probably 4 & our family, along with grandparents, aunt, uncles & cousins all met up in Ontario at a place called Maydock for a week perhaps. When your young like this, you believe dad is made of steel & is the man of all men. Of course, that's how all dads are suppose to be.......

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Here's a pic our grandma Geraldine(his mother) took of our DAD(Roger) and Ron and I on a fishing trip to Dozers pond back in the day. Grams packed a lunch and watched us fish. Ron and I were ate up with being outdoors back then and it still going strong now! Lol
We were very blessed to have a dad who took some time out of his day to let his boys enjoy themselves! I caught the 4lb squealer that very memorable day! The owner of the pond said he caught it in the Muskingum river about 12-15 years earlier and tried catching it since but never could. He was very happy for me...dad said at the time.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Great pictures, guys! Great thread too, Kevin! I can only think of one picture I may be able to dig up and its a first turkey picture. I'll have to get looking for it later!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good thread Kevin!

My dad and I have not spent a ton of time together in the woods as he doesn't hunt much. He taught me the basics of moving slowly and being quiet when I was younger, but I am a self taught hunter across the board. There have been a few moments where we have shared in some success together. This first pic if the one and only time we ever killed deer on the same day. This was opening day of the 2003 shotgun season when we were still staying in the Deer Cabin at my uncle's farm.

This was after his first hunt on the farm back in 2005. He was supposed to take a nap and I went up to the back ridge to hunt over standing beans. The neighbors were driving and pushed this buck passed me. I rushed a shot with my muzzleloader and it ran straight to my dad who was looking for a tree to nap under. Literally shot this thing 5 minutes in to his first, and last hunt on the farm.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Fantastic thread!

My goodness Jesse, did we really look that young only a few years ago, lol! I still remember the ol' "tick on the neck" episode after passing out in the cabin in 03 lol!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fantastic thread!

My goodness Jesse, did we really look that young only a few years ago, lol! I still remember the ol' "tick on the neck" episode after passing out in the cabin in 03 lol!!

lmao

Those were the days! Zuki rides will make or break ya!!! lmao

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
lmao

Those were the days! Zuki rides will make or break ya!!! lmao

Nothing beats watching the sun rise at 6am from the rear of a Zuki, wondering if the lone ranger you sent to save your ass would ever return from the 4mile hike to civilization.