Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Using " Evercalm " when checking cameras ...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Most certainly during the season do use it. When i am getting closer to the season I will use it as well. I don't get too worried right now but I try to stay out as much as possible. Maybe I should be more precautious.

Tiny

I had not thought about this but I like the idea. The stuff works for me when hunting.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I will start using it come September. Right or wrong, I'm not TOO cautious right now when checking cams. They are all where I can get a quad to them or walk a creek. I also time my cams checks with a rain and often check them in the rain. Other than that, rubber boots and gloves are always worn. My wife gets me the heavy duty chemo rubber gloves from her work and those are perfect.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Well, I don't use anything for this time of year either & wouldn't expect anyone to give it much thought either. I really didn't have luck with the stuff last season, but what I am going to do is get some more now & make " scent" posts at my mineral sites & see how the deer react.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well, I don't use anything for this time of year either & wouldn't expect anyone to give it much thought either. I really didn't have luck with the stuff last season, but what I am going to do is get some more now & make " scent" posts at my mineral sites & see how the deer react.

Put the post I front of the cam. See how they react to it.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I was at bass pro in myrtle beach tonight, couldn't believe how expensive the ever calm was. The herd was like 20 something, but the other scents were almost 50.00

Ricer2231

Sign up for Dunhams rewards and get 20% off every time you buy it there. That's what I do with a lot of things they carry.

Me TOO! They send ya a 20% off coupon in your email at least once a month. When I go in I just bring it up on my iPhone and they scan the coupons bar code right there. Easy Greasy! Haha.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for the tip fellas. We just got a Dunham's last year. That would work.

Maybe Hank Tucker should contact them and see what it takes to carry the product? lol

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I just bought some today and rubbed a little on a small tree in front of my camera, I'm interested to see what reactions there are.

Me TOO! They send ya a 20% off coupon in your email at least once a month. When I go in I just bring it up on my iPhone and they scan the coupons bar code right there. Easy Greasy! Haha.

The other thing I found out about that coupon is you can use it as many times as you want before the expiration date. So if you have 5 items that you can use it on, have them ring up 5 different transactions to get the 20% off each item. Might piss off the guy behind you but hey, he ain't paying your bills!!