Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Day at the trap range

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The sponsor for Kody and Klay's little league team was Island Creek Sporting Clays in Toronto, Ohio. The owner's grandson always lands on the same team as my boys, so he's been the sponsor for the last 4 years or so. My boys, especially Kody, have spent quite a few days at the range and the Grandfather has been fantastic with my boys.

Yesterday he had a team picnic at the range and let the boys, and others, do some shooting. We had, for lack of better terms, a blast! I can see this being very addictive. It was my first time shooting clays and it is a new challenge that I look forward to doing again soon.

Here are some pics and a short video of Kody shooting. He showed his old man up!

The first 3 pics are the boys getting instruction from the owner's brother. They call him Jolly. He was great with the kids.

boysinstruction2.jpgboysinstruction3.jpgboysinstruction4.jpg

Klay started things off for our family...
klayshooting.jpg

Then Kody jumped in to show us how it's done.. I think he shot 50 times at a few different locations and only missed like 3. Crazy!
Kody Shooting.jpgkodyshooting 2.jpg

My turn!
mikeshooting.jpg

Attachments

• kendrashooting.jpg
    kendrashooting.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 174

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Then I talked mom into trying. She practiced on an empty box first with a .410. She then went 1 for 2 on the clays and then hung it up. Lol
kendrashooting.jpg

Kendra did say she would like to go back out and shoot the course. Maybe she will take a liking to it. It was the first time she ever shot a gun, other than a pellet rifle.

Here is Kody on video at the first range. We moved down to the "wobble stand" after this and he was nailing doubles. He sure does like this.
[video=youtube;pDFIG-3VWlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDFIG-3VWlA&feature=em-upload_owner[/video]

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Looks like you had a great time Mike, nicely done with the little ones!

Jesse, forget trap and skeet....it's all about sporting clays!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I peer into my crystal ball and see a couple clays guns, a reloader, and tons of shot, powder and primers in your future Mike. :smiley_clap:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks like you had a great time Mike, nicely done with the little ones!

Jesse, forget trap and skeet....it's all about sporting clays!

Here, here! Cotty, take those boys to shoot some sporting clays some time. You'll all have a hell of a good time. Shooting targets as they fly through the trees is quite the challenge! lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Good time that for sure..... Oh and what Sam said lol.... With the crew you have you'll probably save some bucks...... Plus it'll give you something else too do during the off season lol

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I never have figured out the difference between the names...but its a good time!

They are 3 different games. Trap and skeet are very structured in the way courses are laid out. Sporting clays is up to the imagination of the course designer. Clays are my favorite, then skeet. Trap gets boring to me after 3 or 4 rounds.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
They are 3 different games. Trap and skeet are very structured in the way courses are laid out. Sporting clays is up to the imagination of the course designer. Clays are my favorite, then skeet. Trap gets boring to me after 3 or 4 rounds.

Yep yep, but always fun to blow some shells!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Here, here! Cotty, take those boys to shoot some sporting clays some time. You'll all have a hell of a good time. Shooting targets as they fly through the trees is quite the challenge! lol

That's what this place is. It's sporting clays. The first location was the warm up area. After that it was clays flying through trees and stuff. It was a major challenge!
Maybe we need a TOO shoot there. Lol

I bet he'd let us camp there too. Just a thought.

Bonus! There were rabbits everywhere and 300 acres I can access ;)
New TOO rabbit hunt location in the making.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's what this place is. It's sporting clays. The first location was the warm up area. After that it was clays flying through trees and stuff. It was a major challenge!
Maybe we need a TOO shoot there. Lol

I bet he'd let us camp there too. Just a thought.

Bonus! There were rabbits everywhere and 300 acres I can access ;)
New TOO rabbit hunt location in the making.

Hell yea! No wonder you guys had such a good time! We had a big Fathers Day get together at a sporting clays course and it was a big hit with the dads.