Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Prefect Kisser button

themedic

OHIO
I like a kisser button but my local archery shop guy always laughs at me. I prefer a simple knot tied on my serving and burt string end. The sharp hard burnt string is easy to find with my lip. My opinion is the more points of contact the better.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I did away with my kisser button last year and just used about 8 wraps of serving on the string to give me a little bump as a reference point. Has worked out real well for me so far.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Solid idea Tom. I agree with Corey that the more points of contact the better. Currently I'm not using a kisser or any other type of mouth reference. If I go back to something, I may try this.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
the kids always ask me..."does the string hurt your face when you let go?"

It never has, but now that I think about it....the metal crimps that came with my kisser button are prbly not a good idea to have near my face when letting go of 70# pull.

but I've never had an issue with it...might have to try the extra serving idea!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It's a solid idea, Tom. The only thing that I don't like about it is the extra weight at that position on the string. Albeit a miniscule amount... it's still weight. Those brass nock sets wrapped in shrink tubing work great for adding a little speed to the bow, if placed in the right spot near the cams... but you need a chrono in order to dial it in.

I do the same thing as Greg. My kisser "button" is simply a few wraps of nock set thread up above my d-loop. Accomplishes the same thing as a traditional kisser button and weighs next-to-nothing.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
It's a solid idea, Tom. The only thing that I don't like about it is the extra weight at that position on the string. Albeit a miniscule amount... it's still weight. Those brass nock sets wrapped in shrink tubing work great for adding a little speed to the bow, if placed in the right spot near the cams... but you need a chrono in order to dial it in.

I do the same thing as Greg. My kisser "button" is simply a few wraps of nock set thread up above my d-loop. Accomplishes the same thing as a traditional kisser button and weighs next-to-nothing.

Tom has speed to spare with that bow ;)

the kids always ask me..."does the string hurt your face when you let go?"

It never has, but now that I think about it....the metal crimps that came with my kisser button are prbly not a good idea to have near my face when letting go of 70# pull.

but I've never had an issue with it...might have to try the extra serving idea!
one of those those little metal crimps came off and cracked one of my teeth few years ago.I have missed having a larger kisser but I have not used one until I tried this. I had been doing the serving band thing but I like this srink wrap kisser the best. With my new 425x string and cables whit .007 servings and dialed in homemade speed buttons im getting 317 out of a 29 dl 70 pound spyder turbo withh a 375 gr arrow.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
one of those those little metal crimps came off and cracked one of my teeth few years ago.I have missed having a larger kisser but I have not used one until I tried this. I had been doing the serving band thing but I like this srink wrap kisser the best. With my new 425x string and cables whit .007 servings and dialed in homemade speed buttons im getting 317 out of a 29 dl 70 pound spyder turbo withh a 375 gr arrow.

That's some smokin speed right there. :smiley_clap:

I think the .007 servings, no string leeches, and speed buttons made the difference. that was before I put the shrink wrap kisser on so im interested to see what the speed is now. Correction the 317 fps was with my 340 spine Easton lightspeed 3d, 28 inches in lenght, and 334 gr total weight.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I think the .007 servings, no string leeches, and speed buttons made the difference. that was before I put the shrink wrap kisser on so im interested to see what the speed is now. Correction the 317 fps was with my 340 spine Easton lightspeed 3d, 28 inches in lenght, and 334 gr total weight.

Awww man... Why'd you have to ruin it for me, Tom? lol That's still fast, though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Did you buy the spyder 30 that ricer had for sale phil? thats going to be a super hunting bow. Its probably the only short ata bow out right now that is pleasant to shoot.

mischeif.gifmischeif.gifmischeif.gif

Maybe. . . .hahaha. . . .Ricer's friend has it on consignment at a shop right now. So long as they didn't sell it over the weekend it looks like it is mine. As soon as Don verifies it was not sold over the weekend I am sending him some money. I would say "don't tell my wife", but she wouldn't care. I bought a couple rental properties without her permission before. I don't think she is going to care about a bow. lmao

mischeif.gifmischeif.gifmischeif.gif

Maybe. . . .hahaha. . . .Ricer's friend has it on consignment at a shop right now. So long as they didn't sell it over the weekend it looks like it is mine. As soon as Don verifies it was not sold over the weekend I am sending him some money. I would say "don't tell my wife", but she wouldn't care. I bought a couple rental properties without her permission before. I don't think she is going to care about a bow. lmao

Hope you get it.