Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Gulp Alive

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Anyone ever use it? I've been using it the last few trips for saugeye, and so far, I AM IMPRESSED! My observations lead me to believe you should switch out baits after 15 minutes or so as those first 15 minutes are absolute GOLD! Supposedly, the baits will recharge if you drop 'em back in the solution for a time, and I'd agree with that from what I've seen. So far, I've caught large and smallmouth, crappie, saugeye, bluegill, catfish on them. There are few things I enjoy more than jigging up 'eyes, and today we killed 'em while everyone I spoke with on the lake said they weren't doing well. Luck, maybe...but I really think there is something to stinky plastic baits!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I figured it would add something to them, John. May try it. It doesn't surprise me to catch fish, it surprises me how many fish hit a "fresh bait". That leads me to believe there really is something to the scent, and also that it dissipates relatively quick.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Never tried it Brock but if I'm ever near a place that sells it ill pick me up some. Where can you find it?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Don't spill that shit on your carpeting.... Anyone that brings that stuff in my boat has too have a way of containing the liquid.... That shit don't go away anytime soon..... Does work from what I've seen.... I've got enough stuff I have confidence with in my boat so I don't have too worry about the mess and smell just yet lol....

Where's the bass hero shots Brock????

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
No hero shots to share this time, J! Funny thing, after I thought I had stumbled onto the greatest bait ever made, I spent the next morning begging for a bump, while watching another dude boat three limits. :) Dang fish.

We did light up suspended crappies ALL DAY LONG today in the rain. Got some nice ones too, but nothing over 13". I may have to bust out my old bassin' gear soon. Strangely, after a solid 15 year absence from bass fishing "desires", I suddenly want to stick a few. Lord, help me. :)

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Now you're talking lol.... If you want some info on some of what we're having luck on up here let me know....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Will do, J. I suspect it will be a short-lived pursuit. The guy I took with me today is a bit of a bass fisherman. He chucked a rubber worm a bit and picked up a couple. I just couldn't help myself... I once fancied myself as a fine "worm" fisherman, and I couldn't help but notice some things I felt he did incorrectly. At any rate, it made me want to revisit the past, at least for a short while.

We are leaving for Northern Michigan next Saturday, and my bride is running short on patience due to me fishing quite a bit lately. She seems to think I need to get a few things done before we leave. Having said that, I think I can squeeze in another trip to the lake in the morning without her getting too worked up. :)