Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Weather

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Left work a little early today and the temperature was 87 made it 30 miles away and 6 miles from the house it was 75 and lots of lightning hitting the ground.... Storms started rolling in around 4 and its currently 67.... Crazy weather day for sure...

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
No big storms here, but lots and lots of huge-sized hail. Never seen anything like that. My porch looked like it does in the winter!

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I just got the wings off the grill in time. Wife & I were eating in our screened in patio watching the hail hit. My truck with less than 3 k miles got a few unnoticable dings on the hood. My car got quite a few more, but no biggie.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah Diane my daughter ran into lots of hail on her drive home from work, the wife just had rain and right before she arrived there was a tree snapped off a couple of blocks over from is taking down some wires and closing the road off....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Yeah Tad have seen the aftermath of some of them storms before and it's not pretty.... Hope you don't have any issues...

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Well the wife's car and my truck made it through it fine, but my daughters car got dinged up pretty good, it even chipped the paint on her roof in a few spots, Suzuki must not have very thick sheet metal, she will be calling the insurance company in the morning, the funny thing was watching the old lady run out in the middle of it to put a blanket on her sunroof, she's lucky one of them big ones didn't peel her in the gourd!

Ricer2231

Don't mean TOO be a smarta$$ but were having awesome weather down here in Myrtle.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211822.387884.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211841.519998.jpg
Having a blast y'all. Hot days, cool breezes, and cold sassparillas.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372211922.399052.jpg
Hope everybody is safe up there though!

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

I will say this...corn will be knee high by the fourth of July with this 90 degree, humid weather. You could watch the stuff grow on a day like today.

(I said that to a farmer today and he was instantly surprised with my "field cred")

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We had 10 minutes of pounding rain and thunder/lightning. Drove a mile down the road to pick up my daughter at my BIL's and they had a wet patio but it was dry under their tables/chairs. We must have been on the edge of it. There were puddles in my road even after hanging out 1/2 hr and chatting with my BIL.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Dave we're pretty much in line geographically seems what you end up getting we see over here as well.... Might miss us too the north sometimes but not very often.... Always like the light shows though.....

epe

Lancaster
I will say this...corn will be knee high by the fourth of July with this 90 degree, humid weather. You could watch the stuff grow on a day like today.

(I said that to a farmer today and he was instantly surprised with my "field cred")

Talked to a farmer last year, and he said that now a days, if its only knee high by the 4th that's bad. He was saying how different it is now a days...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
We haven't had anything yet, but you can see it will rain today. There's corn chest/head high around here that literally grew a foot in the last week. Those two days of soaking rain we had two weeks ago flipped a switch in the crops.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Glad to hear everyone made it through OK. No hail here, just strong storms and power out for 2+ hours. Time for a whole house transfer switch!

Buckmaster

Portage
The rains began here at 5pm, then knocked the power out. The heavy rains ensued all night long. We got quite a bit. The power company hopes to restore power by 4pm today so that's 23 hours without power. I'm a little concerned given I have 5 deer in the freezer, plus half a beef, and a couple shelves of fish.