Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

35 cents !!!

The other day I had a few things to get , so I headed into Toledo
Through Perrsburge and Maumee

Well I was at less than 1/2 tank of gas , so I figured I would fill up when I saw cheaper gas

Prices started out at $3.439 a few miles from my house
Went up to $3.499 at a bunch of places

Well in Maumee I looked and they had gas at $3.149
Several other places close by , had it about the same price

That is a 35 cent differance :smiley_blackeye: :smiley_blackeye:

So I put almost 20 gallon in the truck and filled the 2 5 gallon cans I had for mower gas

So I saved $10+
So sad , I know the gas stations have to make a profit
But get real

I know the places selling the gas at $3.149 were still making a profit
So the other places were just screwing the public , to make more

Rant over
But I am sure glad I watched the prices as I drove along

John

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I was headed down 77 yesterday towards Charleston and was seeing anywhere from 15-30 cents difference between exits. I have been driving my old Honda everywhere, but needed the truck yesterday. It hurt to put $45 in gas in it, to only see the needle hit half a tank! I can fill up the Civic for less than that, and run almost three times as long on the same amount of fuel!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was headed down 77 yesterday towards Charleston and was seeing anywhere from 15-30 cents difference between exits. I have been driving my old Honda everywhere, but needed the truck yesterday. It hurt to put $45 in gas in it, to only see the needle hit half a tank! I can fill up the Civic for less than that, and run almost three times as long on the same amount of fuel!

Yup. My Honda doesn't get great mileage but it is better than my truck. My buddies make fun of it calling it "The toaster" or asking me if I ever watched "The Birdhouse" with Robin Williams. I guess he was gay or something. I just laugh because today I loaded up a Brown Mfg brand bed edger and took it to the job site. 21mpg with gas or 14mpg with diesel. Gas is cheaper than diesel so I save on price per gallon and MPG.

Huckleberry Finn

I was doing 35 mpg plus on the highway this weekend in the Subaru.... that's Honda-like gas mileage and still awd with roof racks for a deer and canoe...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I was doing 35 mpg plus on the highway this weekend in the Subaru.... that's Honda-like gas mileage and still awd with roof racks for a deer and canoe...

No doubt about that! My civic has 220k miles on it, leaks oil, and still gets 39mpg no matter how I drive it. I'm gonna run that car until it dies.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
. Where's that black eye smiley on tapatalk.

That's 70% highway.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372112024.216824.jpg