Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Custom Hunting Rigs

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My strother infinity is custom painted, but that's about it. If I had the time and funds, I'd definitely get into building some franken-bows though!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dang man that looks really good!!! Nice work. That's custom to me. Can't buy em that way

Thanks. If I were to do it all over again I would omit the clearcoat. That was a total waste of time. I do like how it turned out, though. I've yet to see anyone else's bow painted that way.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I wouldn't consider this bow "tricked out" but it is built to my specs and has everything I've been contemplating putting on a bow. She is still not finish yet as I need to get another Super Peep and build my arrows. I'm building a 489-490 grain arrow for this and hope to get it scooting along at 285+. Should be in the 90 ft/lbs KE department which will knock a deer clean off its hooves! I'm also going to add a couple of decals...

Strother Infinity
30.5" and 68 pounds
Limb Driver Pro-V
10" Stokerized Stab
Custom Spot Hogg Hogg-It

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not so far. This is the first one I've had and have only shot about 50 arrows through it. I was a bit reluctant to get one because I don't like the idea of the cord from a getting caught on stuff standpoint. But the reality is I rarely spot and stalk, so my concerns were more aesthetic. I've shot QADs for several years and have always had good luck with them. Jury is still out on the Pro-V for the time being.

whack

What to watch for on the pro-v:
When shooting heavier arrows the felt on the launcher arm wears fast and it will make noise when u draw after that.

The cord I agree I don't like that much cord myself so I tied mine off to the yoke cable on the right side. Works the same and less cord to get caught.

The rubber stopper that the launcher arm contacts when it comes back down will eventually get destroyed from repeated beatings. When this happens you get a loud metallic smack sound every time you shoot. I don't know if that was a product of my bow or normal though.

It worked great loved the function of it but didn't hold up that well for me. So I am swapping it out.

I know there's gotta be some more guys that's tricked out their hunting rigs

I think all my bows are pretty well set up but none of them have any custom options. I might be swapping the hoyt cam and a half plus cams on Jessie's hoyt vixcen to hoyt spiral X cams. she doesn't even know ive bought the bow yet so ill probably do that down the road.