Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Paypal credit card swiper

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Anyone have experience with this? I am seriously considering one. I figured it might turn a few extra sales at shows and such. Looks like no monthly fees. No annual fees. No fees if you close the account. 2.9% per transaction if you have the card to swipe. Something like 3.8-3.9% if you manually punch in the numbers over the phone plus a $0.15 per transaction charge.

I believe there were slightly lower rates for a non-business account.

I am not seeing any negatives here. I used to pay monthly/annual fees plus I was locked into a 3yr contract with my old credit card machine. Think I used it twice. No chance I could have used it mobile. Anyone use one? My buddy has been using one for a couple months and says it is slick.

I should add (although it may be obvious given thread title) it is tied into your paypal account.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Phil, I'd appreciate any and ALL information you can give me about this. I always lose a puppy sale or two because I don't accept credit cards.

I did recently discover that I can have people send me the amount or a deposit through Paypal and I do it that way, but is this one of those portable machines that take ANY credit card except it runs through Paypal or ???????

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
PayPal is 100% anti-gun.
The Square is 100% anti-gun.

Just saying. But business is business.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
PayPal is 100% anti-gun.
The Square is 100% anti-gun.

Just saying. But business is business.

Good luck finding any finance people who will openly say they are gun friendly.

Last edited:

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
There's a 3rd mobile reader that my son told me about today but I didn't catch the name. I'll get the info and report back.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yes Diane, you will need an iPhone or smart phone of some sort to use it. There is an app for the phone to use and it plugs into your phone.

I didn't realize they were anti-gun Frank. Thanks for the heads up. I am afraid they are pretty limited options for credit card setups without major fees though. This is the main reason I haven't gotten another setup yet.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Dang Dianne time too upgrade already youngin lol.... Write it off as a business expense lol

I've never even used my cell phone until this morning. I came home last night from the grand daughters ballgame and had no phone service or internet and no way to report it (I thought!).

Got up this morning and remembered I had a cell phone (!) and had to text message my son to find out my number, then call the phone company to report my home phone being out! :p

Of course the kids are laughing at me because I didn't know how to backspace for typo's on my text, but my home phone is fixed now, so it's all good! :pickle: rotflmao

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
And here I thought I was technically challenged....

Have them grand kids show you the ropes.....:smiley_coolpeace:

Probably some good tools for your business too use....

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've never even used my cell phone until this morning. I came home last night from the grand daughters ballgame and had no phone service or internet and no way to report it (I thought!).

Got up this morning and remembered I had a cell phone (!) and had to text message my son to find out my number, then call the phone company to report my home phone being out! :p

Of course the kids are laughing at me because I didn't know how to backspace for typo's on my text, but my home phone is fixed now, so it's all good! :pickle: rotflmao

This makes me feel real good. Here I thought my wife and I were the only ones.

k.stone

central Ohio
Used intuit for awhile. Swipe the card, have them sign your phone with their finger and email them a receipt.
Worked awesome but the expense was too high for the convenience.
Will try something similar again when the costs come down, if they do.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
Phil the square is slick as it gets. Swipe it moneys in the bank the next day. I may have to change if they are anti hunting.