Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Musky Slaying Part II

Mao

Coshocton, OH
My buddy that caught four muskies last weekend invited me to go fish with him this weekend. We fished Saturday evening for 3.5 hours and caught 3 muskies. We caught all three casting. The first two were right around 40" and my last one came in at 48". It was the best fish fight of my life. We were lucky to get him in the boat. Sunday we had a couple trail our lures to the boat and I lost one. It was an unreal weekend. I just got home from taking the big one to the taxidermist. It will be my first fish mount.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Those are some great fish Marcus, looks like a good time!

I've always wanted to get into Muskie fishing, just never have tried it. Thought it might be cool to chase them in the kayak, but then I figured I'd probably have a heart attack if one hit next to the 'yak.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Those are some great fish Marcus, looks like a good time!

I've always wanted to get into Muskie fishing, just never have tried it. Thought it might be cool to chase them in the kayak, but then I figured I'd probably have a heart attack if one hit next to the 'yak.

That would be some crazy stuff in a kayak! If you had heavy line you could tighten your drag and let him pull you all over the lake. Thanks Greg!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good stuff man! I've never caught one, but did have one hammer a catfish I was reeling in once. Can't imagine reeling in 4' of prehistoric badass fish!!!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
We got into em again Saturday evening. I didn't have any luck but my buddy and his ill bro caught two. 38" and 44". It was fun just being there.
image.jpgimage.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Man Marcus! You and your buds are slaying some giants! Awesome stuff! Congrats to you and your buds! Post up your mount pics when you get it back! Bet it will be a sweet wall addition.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome,Marcus! Those are some mean ass fish. I've never caught a big one yet, but my bro and I caught some 30-40" Northerns up in Canada several years back. Thanks for sharing and congrats buddy.