Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jensen Steam Engines....

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Does anyone here know anything about these engines ? I have a # 20 engine my great uncle gave me back in '74. These & other styles went into production back in the late '30s. I don't know when this one was made. Some are still being made, but not like this. One of the grandkids was pestering me about it today & so I got it out. I got to wondering how much they're worth & there are collectors out there I am learning.

I found the company online. I didn't think they'd still be around, but a new one somewhat like this goes for over $700.

Last edited:
They are still in business jensensteamengines.com. The model twenty is the entry level bowler in the collector's series. The model twenty is the most common model of the Jensen engines. Since you have the piston and fly wheel, that adds to your collection because you can't do much with the bowler without it. You have one accessory which is the light. The light is also one of the more common pieces. A lot of the the more complex accessories are more valuable than the bowler. I bought a model twenty at a garage sale with a piston and fly wheel and three different accessories for 50 dollars when I was a kid. The accessories I had were the light(the same one you have), a water cannon type thing, a table saw, and the green jensen metal platform that everything attaches too. You have the mahogany board platform. I sold it all on ebay for 350 bucks in 2009 which was a good price the time. Thats about all I really know about them. Your best bet is to watch ebay and see what they are going for.

Last edited:

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ok, thanks. What I was comparing mine to was a new #20 G. They look the same almost. That's the $ 700 price tag .... quite outrageous just the same. I don't know what mine would go for but I do think it was made in the '40s. I emailed the company with these pics, so time will tell. TOO bad I don't know the whole story for this.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Interesting update ... I recieved a pm on here from a gentleman in Denmark today. He recently registered & just happened to find this thread. He's a collecter & has a very interesting collection. Funny how things work out. Oh by the way, wife & I went out to the AmVets last evening when I really didn't wanna go..... I won $350 in a raffle. Go figure. I'm waiting for one more planet to line up :):)

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Interesting update ... I recieved a pm on here from a gentleman in Denmark today. He recently registered & just happened to find this thread. He's a collecter & has a very interesting collection. Funny how things work out. Oh by the way, wife & I went out to the AmVets last evening when I really didn't wanna go..... I won $350 in a raffle. Go figure. I'm waiting for one more planet to line up :):)

He got lucky. I have most of the world blocked from even viewing the site. Lol Most of Asia, eastern blok, and the Middle East. Can't say I've blocked much from the swedes though. Don't get much spam from that country. I watch the viewers and figure out which ones are spam then block their ip and tens of thousands of other in the same subnet of IPs.

Pretty damn cool though that he sent you a pm about it.