Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

aggravating

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Was at the local resorvoir today. And I seen people keeping 12 inch walleye and throwing them in the cooler. We caught 18 of those little guys before catching a few keepers around 20 inch range. I just can't understand why people don't let them grow up, and better yet why dnr doesn't put the 15 inch limit on walleye state wide. At the rate you can catch them little guys them fish won't get a chance to grow up. There was 6 different boats keeping them little ones, just hard for me to understand I guess.:smiley_boos:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I agree it's up too the state too regulate.... People will always do bare minumum always have ways will.

Tiny

Seem like the state of Ohio is attempting to keep everything to a minimum size and a maximum kill. Imagine how much could be saved if they didnt have to restock places every year. Saw the same thing in NY where they would dump tens of thousands of dollars into streams and by mid summer you couldn't find a trout due to there being no size limit set. Maybe the commissioner is getting a kick back from the fish farms. :D

yotehunter

spencerville oh
And the reason the state does that is too sell licence. If every Tom Dick and Harry can catch a12 inch walleye and keep it they think they really done something. Was there last week and two guys were bragging how they got there limit and showed me and I know the 12 fish they had didn't weigh three lbs combined. Needless too say I told them what I thought of there fishing ethics. And yes its totally dnrs fault all they worry bout is selling license.

Tiny

And the reason the state does that is too sell licence. If every Tom Dick and Harry can catch a12 inch walleye and keep it they think they really done something. Was there last week and two guys were bragging how they got there limit and showed me and I know the 12 fish they had didn't weigh three lbs combined. Needless too say I told them what I thought of there fishing ethics. And yes its totally dnrs fault all they worry bout is selling license.

LMAO!. Good for you!!