Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Storm Prep

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Anyone batten down the hatches yet?

I filled up the truck and got 5 gallons of gas this morning. Our Kroger just got a shipment of gas, so I should be able to swing by later and fill up some more cans. After last year, I am not getting fugged again!

Headed to Lowes to grab this in a few. I wasn't ready to pull the trigger on a generator as I wanted a Champion, but the Generac was next on the list and I could get it today...

http://www.lowes.com/pd_166734-2421...L=?Ns=p_product_qty_sales_dollar|1&facetInfo=

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'm finishing spraying corn, field is almost too wet but I don't want to wait another week. Probably plant some more pumpkins this afternoon.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Filled up the car, got several buckets of water out for the dogs (already had the people supply) and ran after straw this morning, for my "problem mud spots".

I put some more wood in the basement to burn this winter

I do plan on getting some gas for the truck this afrernoon

I know they call for thunderstorms , not sure how bad
But we can use some rain

John

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Storm? What storm?

Seriously, you haven't heard? They are calling for a "derecho" this later afternoon/evening/overnight. This is the same type of storm system that came through last year and knocked out power for days on end.

I also remembered to charge my cell phone! I never use it, so I forget to charge it. Getting extra laundry done too, just in case.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I now have a 5500 watt generator and 20 gallons of gas, with 30+ in the truck. After being unprepared last year, that ain't happening again! I'm equipped to hole up in the bedroom and ride out a week or so with no power. This winter I will wire things up so I can in the whole house via my generator. Having a kid shines a new light on taking these types of storms serious. I hope it's all for not and its just a normal chain of storms.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I hope it's all for not and its just a normal chain of storms.

Me TOO!

No generator here, but I've got what all I can get done, for just in case. Water is my main concern as I have a well. Been wanting to build a rain barrel, but am still trying to track down the container for it.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Our local Ollie's had some rain barrels for cheap. Can't remember the size, but I was shocked how cheap they were. I almost bought one for the dog(s).

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
We have an Ollie's. I'll have to check there then. I've got 8 big dogs. Water is definitely an issue!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I bet it don't amount to shit .. Just like in the winter when they hype a snowstorm then we get 2" . I will make sure and get beer and 20# of ice later .