Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good to have friends!!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Amazing how fast that yote was. Talk about a burst of speed. He closed in on that smaller dog like a shot and was outrunning that Rott just jogging. Good thing they don't like humans, my slow ass would be grass.

rooster85

Lake County
That's the outcome I like. Hopefully the owners keep an eye on that smaller dog and put a bullet in that yote. Fortunately we've never lost a dog or cat to yotes but last year the neighboring farm lost a dog. It was horrible to hear, poor thing was dead before I got to it. One tried to lure my lab one night and that was it, declared war on em.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Note too self, just outrun Joe and Jesse lol.... That was wild too see that...

Ah. See. There is a reason I'm slow. Mainly because as a Humanoid I have evolved past immediately fleeing from danger. I have mastered the art of using tools. My chosen tool over fleeing danger like cro-magnon man is a .45 acp. Since being allowed to carry it virtually anywhere; I have resolved that I will rarely need to run. Which is good because running isn't something I'm fond of. In a case of attempted predation by such a small creature I would likely opt to stand there and shoot at it. However larger creatures or in more numbers would require another level of masterful planning. In such a case I would likely opt to shoot another humanoid in the knee allowing me to calmly walk away from the once imminent predation. I don't have to run, my .45 runs about 850 fps +/-.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Note too self.... Don't go anywhere with Joe that could possibly warrant being shot in the friggin knee!!!! rotflmao

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My welding instructors dog was killed by a yote this year and they never found the dog. He bought a night vision scope for his M1, an electronic caller, and posts up on his roof. He has killed 2 so far.