Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jack Daniels Honey

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Not sure if I am posting in the right place or not. Seems appropriate in the review section. I will admit there are probably better people to review this (read more experience with multiple drinks and frequency lol).

For my birthday one of my employees bought me a bottle of Jack Daniels Honey. Tonight I gave the glass a spin. First I filled a large glass with ice. Next I poured it just under half full with the JD. I swirled it a bit and took a sip after letting it come to a rest. Initial impression: not bad. Nice flavor. Not as harsh as regular JD. Still a bit harsh though. I tried another sip and decided this one would require something to cut it (at least for my tastes.)

Next I filled the glass the rest of the way with some Sierra Mist. Just about right for my liking. I sipped on it until gone. While it didn't help clear up my allergies, it did make me forget about the constant sinus drainage a bit. Lol

Overall opinion: it will be a great one for sharing. I would not hesitate to bring it to a TOO gathering and share the rest of it. I am not a regular drinker and it would not be my first choice. I will admit though, it is not bad when cut with some thing. I would not rank it in the same league as Crown or Makers Mark but it does sort of make you feel like you are on the road with Motley Crue or Guns N Roses in 1989 a bit.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I haven't tried it and probably never will unless someone makes me a gift of it.
I prefer Black Velvet straight or mixed.
A gift is a nice way to try something new.
I'll be setup at the Lima Coon Dog trails maybe I will stop by your booth for a shot.

I would give it a whirl...Only problem is after a certain Jackalope recommended Eagle Rare 10 year-old single barrel Kentucky Straight bourbon whiskey and I tried it,I have been HOOKED.....Well worth the 30$ price....Is the JD honey syrupy or does it still have a JD like consistency?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tried it but like the Wild Turkey American honey better... Congrats on the gift Phil.... Enjoy it.....

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I haven't tried it and probably never will unless someone makes me a gift of it.
I prefer Black Velvet straight or mixed.
A gift is a nice way to try something new.
I'll be setup at the Lima Coon Dog trails maybe I will stop by your booth for a shot.

You got it buddy. I am looking forward to meeting you. I don't drink often but that is one of the weekends I normally partake because once I am there I don't leave.

Nick- I didn't think it had a syrup like consistency. As stated though, I am probably not the best one to give a review. I would think Jackalope could offer a better review. He seems to be a bit of a tester with more experience. He has recommended some nice ones to TOO in the past.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I didn't care for any of the liquors with Honey. Black Velvet kept in the fridge is my "Go To Drink".
Although......I have been known to drink "Apple Pie" and end up on the wrong porch! Just Sayin'............:smiley_clap:

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Although......I have been known to drink "Apple Pie" and end up on the wrong porch! Just Sayin'............:smiley_clap:

Priceless moment right there!!! lmao

I had a big glass of Wild Turkey American Honey the other night. J gave me some of that at the first rabbit hunt and I've had some in the freezer ever since. I do cut it with Sprite as I am still a little shaky around whiskey and need to cut it. We were eyeballing some Crown Royal Maple at the golf course yesterday and I'd like to try it...

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I would give it a whirl...Only problem is after a certain Jackalope recommended Eagle Rare 10 year-old single barrel Kentucky Straight bourbon whiskey and I tried it,I have been HOOKED.....Well worth the 30$ price....Is the JD honey syrupy or does it still have a JD like consistency?

What other bourbons do you like?

Not a big fan of any of the honey added liquors because they are too sweet.

I like Bulliet ALOT though.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I've never tasted ass Milo but I'll take your word for it.... :smiley_coolpeace:

If you had honey wiskey....then you have had ass brother..hell get some piss poor vodka and maple syrup...its probably cheaper and better :D

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If you had honey wiskey....then you have had ass brother..hell get some piss poor vodka and maple syrup...its probably cheaper and better :D

Was never into chemistry Milo so I'll stick too the off the shelf version lol....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
my wife wanted to taste it so bad when it first came out. She nagged me for days but all I could find was the classic size bottle. I told her I'd take to a bar for a shot but of the 3 we hopped to, none had it so I broke down and got her the bottle...

Today it still sits in the cupboard minus 1 shot.
I keep it around for company or snake bites.