Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Indiana bruiser

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I killed this 8 point Indiana buck Saturday evening on the first day of the Indiana gun season. I shot him with a T/C Triumph muzzleloader with 100gr of 777 pellets and a 245 gr. powerbelt bullet from about 100 yards.

He has a 23" outside spread, 27-1/2 inch main beams, and field dressed 195 pounds. He grosses 151" and nets 145". This is my best Indiana buck in 20 years of hunting there. This was actually the first sit I made this year on the property where he was killed, but I knew he was in the area from seeing him on a road scouting trip last week.

Yes, he is going on the wall along with the Ohio buck!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Wow, what a season is right!! Nice job man. Your taxidermist better be givin' you a discount. Mount one, get the 2nd half off? Congrats!! :smiley_cheers:

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Wow, what a season is right!! Nice job man. Your taxidermist better be givin' you a discount. Mount one, get the 2nd half off? Congrats!! :smiley_cheers:

No discount given, that 2nd one half off would be nice though! He is in too much demand to be giving discounts, although these 2 bucks will make numbers 12 and 13 that he has done for me since 1995.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Not yet they haven't, fucking crybabies!

Just because it was my first sit there for the year and they have been hunting since October 1 doesn't give them a reason to be pissed......or does it? Hahahahaha! I will admit that luck played a part in the harvesting of this buck, but I still had to stalk about 100 yards and make a 100 yard shot on him.