Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Searching for West

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Over my lunch breaks I often watch videos. Mainly outdoor related pieces since that's mostly all I think about. When it comes to hunting related films, I like to find stuff that's not run of the mill hunting show fluff. I don't really care about hearing a mile-long gear list, watching some goober (guy or gal) talk about not being able to do what they did without using so & so brand. I like quality content, seeing the creative process take form through video and tell a story that makes you relate to the people on film. Whether an animal gets shot or not comes secondary to the overall quality of the video for me. Sure, I love seeing a deer get arrowed perfectly, or a volley of shots drop ducks from the sky, but if all I wanna see is a money shot, then You Tube is loaded with that kind of stuff.

Today I came across this film and it spoke volumes to me. It's not a new film, so maybe some of you have already seen this one. In short, it's about balance. Something I know I've struggled with in past seasons, and will surely struggle with in future seasons. I don't like to do things with what feels like a half-hearted effort, but often times that drive also pushes me too far, and causes personal conflicts at home. I'm sure many of you can also relate to that as well. Everything comes with a price. And the time, effort, and energy poured into what we do to be "successful" in the outdoors has made me wonder if that price tag is too high, causing those at home to sacrifice for my pleasures and pursuits. I've gotten better over the past few seasons because I've redefined "success" in my mind, but I struggle. I will always struggle.

Anyway... enjoy...

[video=vimeo;47989207]http://vimeo.com/47989207[/video]

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
WOW, finally sat down and watched this and glad I did, thanks Sean! The videography was unbelievable! The clips of the fly and wind checking and him shooting his bow in slow mo was pretty cool. The narration of his personal struggles while hunting and missing out on his family and the sacrifices really hit home. Great video!