Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hog pic

rooster85

Lake County

Here's a sow I shot last year in CA before I deployed to Afghanistan. Dropped her in her tracks with a .30-06 high shoulder shot on the run at 115 yards. Hunting a friends ranch outside Santa Barbara about an hour or so. I'll try and get some more hog pics up for yall.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Well done Rooster! Be safe out there serving our country. I appreciate your sacrifices. Good looking hog too.

rooster85

Lake County
Thanks for the compliments guys. Here's another photo of a hog I shot sometime last year. This one was shot at 360 yards across a canyon, maybe not the smartest idea, with a .270 WSM to the neck. I was dialed in on a bigger hog but I've got a thing about calico hogs so when she stepped out I didn't hesitate.

rooster85

Lake County
I forgot to mention, the backdrop in this photo is the pacific ocean. Took me four hours to drag this one out of the canyon and to the truck.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Awesome view of the Pacific Ocean, Rooster! Nice looking hog TOO! Are those hogs as good eating as their domesticated cousins? I love pork and never ate one.

Thanks for your sacrifices as well! Becareful over there.

rooster85

Lake County
Fullbore, I'm a fan of wild hog, it does taste slightly different though. Big boars have a distinct taste that I avoid like the plague. I've never had an issue with sows so if I see a dry sow those are what I like. Smaller model boars are fine TOO.