Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Screw staples

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Travis Vonseggern and Bill Jackson own Maple Creek Gunsmithing in Fremont, Neb. The store offers gunsmithing, guns, ammo, and firearms training.
They recently entered the Staples PUSH It Forward Contest – hoping to win a $50,000 marketing campaign for their small business. But a few days later, the men received a rejection email:
“We’re sorry, but your small business entry into the Staples PUSH It Forward Contest has been rejected for the following reason(s): Entry contains content that promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing); promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous; promotes any particular political agenda or message; is obscene or offensive; or endorses any form of hate or hate group.”
The email also stated that Staples “reserves the right to reject any entry that they deem is not in accordance with the official rules.”
Jackson said he was shocked that Staples considered their business to be on par with drug dealers and criminals.
“I was blown away,” he told Fox News. “I couldn’t believe what I was reading.”
A Staples spokesperson confirmed to Fox News that they do not allow businesses that deal in firearms from entering the contest.
Jackson said he went from disgusted to angry.
“They lumped us in with criminals,” he said.
Jackson and Vonseggern are Army veterans and Vonseggern was awarded a Purple Heart.
“Everything in our store is patriotic,” Vonseggern said. “For us to be classified as a drug dealer or obscene and offensive is hurtful to our feelings.”
So the store owners decided to post the email they received on Facebook “to let our customers know where (Staples) stands.”
“The company policy clearly states they are not all the way pro-gun,” Vonseggern said. “They’ve got a little lefty in them.”
And the next time they need paper products, the men said they will be shopping at a locally owned store.
Sarah Palin, Sean Hannity and Mark Levin say you need Todd’s latest book — Dispatches From Bitter America. Click here to get your copy!

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stories/staples-says-gun-store-cant-enter-contest.html

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Haven't shop much at staples but it won't happen anytime soon.... Fuggin political correctness BS.....

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have no problem adding Staples to my "Do Not Shop" list.

( "That Was Easy")

Thanks for the post Sam

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
From their FB page.

We heard you! At Staples, we value all of our customers and appreciate your feedback. We now realize the rules of our Push It Forward contest were too restrictive and kept out legitimate businesses. Unfortunately, we can't change the rules once the contest is underway. But we will revise our rules to make sure future contests are more inclusive and reflect our commitment to helping all small businesses..

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I agree with J. It was a choice to NOT change the rules. Their statement is nothing more than a smokescreen attempting to save face.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I agree as well. But then again, Staples will pick the winner..... They have already stated in part what they like and don't like.............Fugg-em!