Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Binocular harness

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I just got a pair of BX-2 Acadia 10x42mm Leupold binos and now Im in the market for a good harness, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
I just got a pair of BX-2 Acadia 10x42mm Leupold binos and now Im in the market for a good harness, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I dont like them in my way on my chest...i actually took a crooked horn style apart and made a long one that goes over one shoulder and on my side.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have the Nikon harness and I really like it. The guy at the Bass Pro counter said he had tried several and ended up buying the Nikon harness for all his binoculars. That said, I don't have experience with any of the others. I think I dropped $20 for what it is worth. If you don't like them you aren't out too awfully much.

Ricer2231

I dont like them in my way on my chest...i actually took a crooked horn style apart and made a long one that goes over one shoulder and on my side.
X2^^^^^^^^
I never could get used to the binos being onto chest. I always had the fear in the back of my mind that my string was gonna hit it somehow. Same in the tree. One of the first things I do is take em off and hang em up. If I'm doing a lot of stalking I do the same thing Eric does and use a strap over one shoulder.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have the Butler Creek version and it serves the purpose. I'm like Milo though and don't really care for them on my chest and usually sling them over a shoulder...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've got a Badlands Harness. It's got elastic straps, so the binos tend to sit a little lower and don't get in the way of my shooting. I don't like that the binos bounce when you walk though. They serve their purpose, but I don't use them other than 3D and scouting.