Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ruger BX-25 round mags

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
It took almost three months to get my first two mags. These next two only took two weeks. Things are looking up.

Huckleberry Finn

Do they work well? I've got one in my closet that's going to collect dust until I buy a 10/22 or until I can quadruple my money on it!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Do they work well? I've got one in my closet that's going to collect dust until I buy a 10/22 or until I can quadruple my money on it!

I think you lost your window of opportunity. I'll shoot mine tomorrow and let you all know. I'll feed it different ammo brands too. I've heard they work flawlessly.

Huckleberry Finn

I think you lost your window of opportunity. I'll shoot mine tomorrow and let you all know. I'll feed it different ammo brands too. I've heard they work flawlessly.

That's where you're wrong! Gosh, actually let me change that - I hope you're right Mike...hope it never comes to a ban!!

My real window of opportunity is that I paid $25 for it and even if it sits in my closet with several other .22 clips, it'll be worth it in 20 years when my kids are the only ones on the block to have a dad with magazine clips. How do I know that? Cause I grew up in the first ban, and sumbitch those kids with 2 25 round clips duct taped together were the shit!

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Well, three of the four did not cycle through all 25 rounds.
The one that didn't fail had CCI Standard Velocity.
The failures had CCI Standard velocity, Winchester T22 and Remington 22 Thunderbolt.

Huckleberry Finn

Well, three of the four did not cycle through all 25 rounds.
The one that didn't fail had CCI Standard Velocity.
The failures had CCI Standard velocity, Winchester T22 and Remington 22 Thunderbolt.

My gun (Rem) won't shoot Thunderbolts anyways. It shoots federals well though.

I'd imagine you're breaking the spring in as well as figuring out what kind your gun likes...sucks considering it's still impossible to find ammo anyways.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I have one of the ruger 25 rd magazines and it runs fine, the off branded ones are hit out miss in my experience. I prefer the 10 round ones any way.