Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Its closer than you think...what you gonna get this year?

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Well its time once again to hide purchases from our wifes....what new goodies you hiding this year:eek::D
Im looking at a couple new stands

Milo

Tatonka guide.
here is the stand im going to try this year.
http://www.millenniumstands.com/products/portables/m-50-steel-hang-on

Schu72

Streetsboro
If I would not have picked up a new truck, I would have a new Insanity. I'm not sure I'm going to push my luck at the moment.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If I would not have picked up a new truck, I would have a new Insanity. I'm not sure I'm going to push my luck at the moment.

Man up Schu. Live by the motto "It is easier to beg for forgiveness, than to ask for permission." lol

I thought about a couple cameras but we didn't use all the cameras we had out last year. Would have to be one step up or one heck of a deal. Probably buy nothing.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had what may or may not have been a good/bad financial theory by purchasing everything I thought I would need/want before the kid came, so I am in good shape. That being said, it doesn't mean I won't be buying stuff!

I need another dozen arrows with the addition of a new bow. I will also be picking up a set of windproof fleece this year. My Vortex Diamondback binos should be here any day now. No deer related, but I will also be buying two layout blinds for duck/geese and a half dozen goose floaters. Outside of that, I'm in good shape!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I'm looking to get some more cams that I can take too Kentucky and leave up for awhile.my girl friend doesn't say much as long as I let her do her thing and i don't bankrupt us.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I bought 4 new ladder stands on closeout after the season ended. I got a green dot sight for my bow.
And get my new food plot done. That cost a bit of cash with disk, spreader, sprayer, seed, Roundup, fuel, and fertilizer. OH well it's the kids inheritance anyway.
Oh forgot my new smokeless ML and supplies.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I just need a good pair of lightweight hunting boots. I'm sure I will think of something else before the hunting season gets here. I do want to get my girls fitted with a bow sometime soon but only if they want to pursue it.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Probably get some new camo, it won't be hard to hide , I will just mix it in one of my totes. Now the ghillie suit I will be buying since I will be huntin from the ground this year might be harder to hide but I will figure it out!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My binoculars were stolen this winter, so I'll need a pair of those. I also still plan on getting a new pair of rubber boots, but that will be with gift card funds. I would really like to pick up about 100' of static climbing rope to retrofit with my LW sticks... and I'd like to get a Muddy Bloodsport stand to use for a mobile setup. Crap... I didn't realize how much I want... That's pretty ambitious. lol

Huckleberry Finn

Maybe a bulk buy special huck?

I bet we can figure something out. Have you looked at their fixed climbing sticks? I'm interested in those as well...constantly looking for something light weight but still not thrilled about the cinch stick idea.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had what may or may not have been a good/bad financial theory by purchasing everything I thought I would need/want before the kid came, so I am in good shape. That being said, it doesn't mean I won't be buying stuff!

I need another dozen arrows with the addition of a new bow. I will also be picking up a set of windproof fleece this year. My Vortex Diamondback binos should be here any day now. No deer related, but I will also be buying two layout blinds for duck/geese and a half dozen goose floaters. Outside of that, I'm in good shape!

Thanks for the laugh. Sounds like a pretty long list for a guy that claims to have stocked up before the baby. lol

I have a feeling the majority of my purchases will be for Garrett this year. I bought him a decent amount of cold weather gear and picked him up a nice safety harness. I have a feeling early season gear for Garrett will be the majority of my spending. I have overdone it and have plenty of crap for myself already. Plus, I added 2 extra buddy stands to our Rivers Edge order already.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Maybe a Hooyman saw for setting up stands. In all honesty, I currently cant think of anything else I need. I have more stands than I probably need cuz I buy them everytime I see a good deal. If anything, I may buy a couple cameras since we had fun with the 1 we set out last year

joejoe8

Just pick a muddy bloodsport to go with my 2 lonewolfs. Need to get a few more coverts an I'm ready.