Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

What 4 Wheeler Gun Rack to Buy???

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I am hoping some of you can offer me some input here. I reciently bought a Koplin; model 2150 gun rack for my Brute 4 wheeler.( Its the type that has 2 "U" shaped posts that mount on the front or rear rack) After getting it home and deciding where I would mount it on the front rack, I thought I would try it out for size on a couple of guns... I never got past the Ruger 10/22. It was so tight when I slid the 22 into the yoke (rear stock) that I boxed the whole thing back up and returned it. I don't believe my bigger guns will even go in far enough to be secure.

Anyone out there using a gun rack on their 4 wheeler and if so, what brand is it? (I will also use it for my bows but that wont be the issue)

Thanks!

Derek j

Knox Co.
I have the mad dog fin grip pro. It can hold bows, guns, shovels, anything you want. I have had shotguns, AR, HMR, large rifles, you name it. Works awesome for the bow TOO!! I have an extra pack if your interested!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369196740.006672.jpg

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
When I had a 4 wheeler, I used a Kolpin gun boot. It mounts on you front or rear rack with the boot attachment. The gun boot then slips into it. The gun boot doubles as a gun case. Pretty handy and it will accommodate almost any gun.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I use similar to Derek and Cottis on mine but I have a Kolpin in the barn I have never used. Let me check it with a couple different guns and see if they fit. Not sure if Kolpin brand or not. Can't remember.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You never know. Plus, like I said, they're great for fishing poles.

The ones I have are the single ones like this and they have carried 17hmr, bows, shotguns, AR, chainsaws, shovels, etc. I think there are 2 shovels on the rack of the Rancher right now.

Derek j

Knox Co.
Thanks Derek but I don't really need a dbl one...I don't think.

Thats what I thought at the time. I originally wanted a single holder, and didnt realize that it was a double until I got it in the mail. Now I dont know what I would do without it. It is especially nice when the wife goes hunting with me or I am cutting firewood. Will hold the rifle and my axe while heading into the woods. Hope you find what your looking for!!