Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3 hours away from making it one more year!!!!

Kaiser878

ohio
Unfortunately his time was up..........

I found a bird about a week or so ago and obtained permission to hunt it..Since I was out of tags that left my soon to be wife, Jen, up to bat... This bird was in this field every day for a month straight before 9 am according to the land owners...Today we set up in the darkness and waited for light...Not a single gobble was to be heard...We waited till 930 and she became antsy....So we left...About 1130 they called me and told me he was there..... So I told them we would be back around 5.....When we got there, there wasnt just one gobbler.....THere was two...and two jakes and a hen.. They were standing about 20 yards from where I wanted to sit..... So we snuck around the property got in the ditch and got as close as we could and set up....Within 30 minutes after some soft purring we had the two birds at 40 yards and they were not coming any closer...I had a feeling this was going to happen...So I made her take my gun when we left.... I told her to shoot the one with the biggest beard, who happened to be in half strut... KABOOOOMMMMMMM.... IN DA FACE!!! soooo...she made him dead.....
So for her turkey hunting career she is two for two...

11 1/4 beard 1 inch spur 7/8 in spur and 19 lbs