Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Ka Boom!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Hey fellow Toozers, I had the best time in my life in the turkey woods this morning. I had the awesome pleasure to hunt with Aaron on our farm in Morgan Co. Aaron and I met for the first time at 5:15 or so aty place. We drove to the farm, busting Rics balls most of the way. Lol.
I am NOT an accomplished turkey hunter by no means and have only shot one jake bird my whole life. I was glad to finally meet Aaron and have him teach me some things.
We heard a hen cackle and a Tom gobble on the roost at around 6:00. Aaron heard them fly off the roost , but I didn't have a clue.lol. The birds were pretty quiet early on, but around 7:45-8:00 they started gobbling across the road from us. The one Tom was gobbling his head off for about an hour, then he shut up. Mean while Aaron and I talked and got to know more about each other and busted Rics balls some more lol. At a little past 9:00 Aaron saw the red head of the Tom coming up the bank at 50 yards in the open woods. He whispered to me " you can shoot if you want"? I thought for a second and said, what the hell. So I took one knee and Ka Boom! That bird started flopping and we started high fiveing. It was at least 50, maybe more, but none the less we were excited. As we gathered our stuff up, I pondered the notion to reload, but didn't. As we approach the bird it flopped it's big ass down the hill and over the embankment. We eased down to the creek and Aaron saw him 10 yards away and said shoot him again. I then said " Ka Boom". We slapped hands again and walked up on the bird. Needless to say he was missing half his brains.
Long story short, I finally shot a long beard. He has a 10.25" beard and 1" spurs. Prolly a 3 year old according Aaron. The best part of the whole deal, was I got to experience this with a great guy, to whom I owe thanks for making my hunt successful. We have some great men and women in the TOO family and spending time with each other is priceless.
Plus, I took my first long beard on our propery where our Dad spent time with Ric and I. I am sure he was looking down on us and smiling.
Thanks again, Aaron:pickle:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great read brother! Except for the part where you were busting my balls...rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

Congrats on a great morning with a great TOOzer buddy! Nice shooting TOO! I'll post some pics here for ya.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hell yeah boys! Love it!!! Prime example of why we started this place. First time you meet a guy and the sum bitch helps you kill your first long beard! Aaron is a good dude no matter what people say about him!!! Kinda like Ron! lmao

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
image.jpgHad a great time this morning Ron. That was one hell of a shot, you said that your $200 gun would out shoot Ric's big money gun and you proved it rotflmao. He really did bust your balls about the gun Ric... I had a blast and met a friend for life today, thanks to TOO. It's always a good day when you walk out of the spring woods with a thunder chicken draped over your shoulder.

Last edited:

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Thanks everyone..... I highly suggest, that everyone should make an attempt to meet some fellow TOO members at some of our outings or make a friend or two with some of them.
You don't know what your missing!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Commented on Ric's thread about your bird but thought I would again on yours. Great story! I really like the toting out of the woods pic. Well done guys!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Congrats on a great hunt Guys!! :smiley_clap: great read.

Thanks everyone..... I highly suggest, that everyone should make an attempt to meet some fellow TOO members at some of our outings or make a friend or two with some of them.
You don't know what your missing!

And that's the honest to God truth TOO!!