Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Home grown morels

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I get a Farm Show magazine each month.
There's a article on growing you own morels at home.
gmushrooms.com
It appears like you buy a morel spore pack and it last for years. Sounds like a interesting project. haven't checked it out yet.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
One Morel mushroom kit cost $32.95 + S&H. Claims you can harvest them the following spring and have been known to last 21 years in one study so far. Claims each kit can grow pounds of mushrooms each season. I'd still like to read more reviews if I can find some....

Definitely worth trying but still a wee bit skeptic though... Lol

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
In theory why wouldn't it work? As long as you harvest them right they would continue too grow right? As long as the first seeds take that is....

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
My thought exactly.

that would help

I'm a skeptic to. But.
The farmshow.com monthly magazine is a non-advertisement type of magazine. It's 44 page newspaper size magazine of articles submitted by farmers worldwide that have built self-made farm equipment. Or a subscriber submits a article on a new item they tried and tested.
I've been receiving this magazine for over 20 yrs now. If they ever publish a article that proves incorrect they always publish a followup article stating it was incorrect.
For 21.95 per year I enjoy the self-made articles and have done several useful ones over the years. I made a free brush puller using a chain and a pipe that works great for pulling honeysuckle brush. It's none slip and not like anything else I have tried fro brush pulling.
Just saying I believe there is some strength in the article.

MK111

Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Frank, why not post up your puller with pictures.... That might aid some folks here as well...

Since I'm computer challenged I have no idea how to. Don't even know what your term puller is. Sorry. I just get by.