Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Stupid Urban birds...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
My Father in law always gives me a hard time during Turkey season cause he has a strutter outside his window at work all the time. Sent me a picture of a monster buck last year. His work sits behind a golf course that is littered with deer and turkey that you cant hunt. SUCKS!!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
My Father in law always gives me a hard time during Turkey season cause he has a strutter outside his window at work all the time. Sent me a picture of a monster buck last year. His work sits behind a golf course that is littered with deer and turkey that you cant hunt. SUCKS!!

That's ok, do what Joe does? Shoot where they lay! Just keep a bow or shotgun in your bag, and let people play through. Lol.

Golf courses down here are the same way, friggin wild game everywhere!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Where does your father in law work, wouldn't happen to be by the legends golf course would it?

image.jpg
This guy came across my father in law's lawn this morning.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Saw an urban coyote this morning. He was standing in a small clump of trees in an industrial park waiting to cross the road.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Had 3 jakes and a Tom right outside my classroom window yesterday. One of my students had a mouth call in his locker (he's already killed two toms this year). I sent him to get it and he made some calls out the window. The Tom gobbled 3 times and started coming closer, but freaked when he saw all the kids at the window. The kids were amazed. Most have never seen one uip close let alone heard one gobble in real life.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Had 3 jakes and a Tom right outside my classroom window yesterday. One of my students had a mouth call in his locker (he's already killed two toms this year). I sent him to get it and he made some calls out the window. The Tom gobbled 3 times and started coming closer, but freaked when he saw all the kids at the window. The kids were amazed. Most have never seen one uip close let alone heard one gobble in real life.
Awesome Mike! I wished I had a cool teacher, back in the day! Lol

Mao

Coshocton, OH

That's sweet Mike! I would love to have something like that happen by my classroom window. Closest I've been is having turkeys gobble on the hill by our playground. A couple students and I gave em some calls but no luck. Lol.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That is great Cottis. You took your passion for the outdoors and helped some young kids experience something real. Way to think outside the box, or textbook in this case!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Very cool stuff Mike! Like bro said, I'd have loved to have you for a teacher!

That a neat pic of the strutter palmetto!