Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Carfax

Huckleberry Finn

Dealer won't run it for you? When I was looking at cars all of the dealers were upfront about running it and giving me a copy.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
They use an exqifax report. And I've always thought its BS how carfax advertises to buyers bullying dealerships. I don't like being bullied by salesmen and will walk at the first sign of it. So I'm not going to be that "show me the carfax" prick knowing they don't use it.

Huckleberry Finn

They use an exqifax report. And I've always thought its BS how carfax advertises to buyers bullying dealerships. I don't like being bullied by salesmen and will walk at the first sign of it. So I'm not going to be that "show me the carfax" prick knowing they don't use it.

Wouldn't exqifax be used to look at your credit, not the car history (carfax)? You've got me confused. I know that I was handed a copy of my car's CarFax after I test drove it. Said Carfax on it, I have it somewhere.

I am 100% with you on the dealers, the majority of them are idiots and do not "play fair". There is no full faith in the negotiations. The place I got mine does all "no haggle" prices, so they essentially don't move. So I got $1100 of maintenance done instead. But previous to that I walked out of a few dealers, cussed out at least one guy, and spent way too many hours dickering - you get 'em close and then they will say "oh, well you are moving the parameters, my manager is sitting in the next cubicle listening" yada yada.

I can def. see how I'd be wary taking a trip to go buy one...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Wouldn't exqifax be used to look at your credit, not the car history (carfax)? You've got me confused. I know that I was handed a copy of my car's CarFax after I test drove it. Said Carfax on it, I have it somewhere.

I am 100% with you on the dealers, the majority of them are idiots and do not "play fair". There is no full faith in the negotiations. The place I got mine does all "no haggle" prices, so they essentially don't move. So I got $1100 of maintenance done instead. But previous to that I walked out of a few dealers, cussed out at least one guy, and spent way too many hours dickering - you get 'em close and then they will say "oh, well you are moving the parameters, my manager is sitting in the next cubicle listening" yada yada.

I can def. see how I'd be wary taking a trip to go buy one...

Equifax does credit but they also have some boshank carfax thing now.

The first thing I tell a salesman is If you try to yank my chain even one its over. It told that to a guy in Detroit who had a car like the one I'm getting. In the middle of our negotiations he told me the car would stay at that price for a month before they considered a lower one. He said they've only had it a week. I told him we're done. You've had the car for over a month and even managed to put 1,000 miles on it since you took title. He was stuttering. I said in the middle of his stuttering. I told you not to try and yank my chain. We're done. And hung up. He called yesterday wanting to price it at 500 more than my asking price. I told him my asking price was now 500 lower. He got all pissed. I told him again. I told you not to yank my chain and hung up. Dude was an idiot. The carfax they offered for free on their website had the date it was traded and the mileage. Which was 1,000 miles less than the mileage he told me was on it now.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I hate car salesmen.... They're mostly out too screw you over for a buck.... I hate people who think they can make a buck on you so that pretty much lumps them in too the category...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Why would you even consider buying a car in Detroit hahaha.

Screw 'em all!

The car I want isn't easy to find. There are only about 5 nationwide in the configuration I want. I did tell the guy that he should knock off a grand for the red light tickets I'm going to get driving a Cadillac out of Detroit because I ain't stopping for nothing. Lol.