Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fixing the rotator cuff

Ricer2231

My daughter goes in this morning at 8:00 to have her rotator cuff repaired. The doctors have no idea how she hurt it but are basically blaming it on her playing softball for 11 years. She's already chomping at the bit to get it rehabbed and back on the golf course.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Hope everything goes well!

I almost needed surgery after a fall injured mine but managed to get by without it. Definitely a tough thing to deal with. Best of luck to her getting back to 100%.

Ricer2231

Thanks for your thoughts and well wishes guys and gals. Britt just got out of surgery and everything went great. No rotator cuff damage at all. The MRI showed possible damage but once he got in there it was perfect. She had a bone spur on her joint which he removed and her one bicep tendon was damaged so he cut the damaged tendon out and reattached it. She also had some bursitis in her shoulder which he fixed while he was in there. He said her rehab would be much easier since there was no damage to the cuff. Thank the good Lord above.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Awesome news! I have a bicept & Labrum tear right now that I have to get fixed. Thought I had it healed back up after a month and half off duty but my first EMS run back on duty I had to lift a 400lb fat a$$ and retore it. Not looking good, surgery looks like the only option. Dr said 3-7 anchors put in my shoulder. Best of luck to your daughter, hope she heels fast!

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
If she had a nerve block make SURE she takes her prescribed pain meds as they are prescribed until it wears off. Then adjust how often based on her pain. If you wait until the block wears off, you will be behind the potential pain and won't be able to catch up.

Ricer2231

If she had a nerve block make SURE she takes her prescribed pain meds as they are prescribed until it wears off. Then adjust how often based on her pain. If you wait until the block wears off, you will be behind the potential pain and won't be able to catch up.

Good advice. She did have a block and that's exactly what they told here at the hospital. They said regardless of whether it had wore off or not to take a pain pill at bedtime because if it hasn't wore off by bedtime it probably would wear off in the middle of the night.

Huckleberry Finn

I think that's the key in any procedure or surgery...stay ahead of the pain...sage advice.

Ricer2231

I just talked to her and Captain Percoset is drifting her down sleepy river right now. Haha. I just want to take the time to thank all you guys and gals for the well wishes and hopes for a quick recovery. Thanks to my TOO family!