Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1944 Mosin Nagant Izhevsk

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
This is Vlad, my 1944 war time Mosin Nagant built by Izhevsk. The stock is in original war time condition. I finally acquired all of the pieces from the the period. The stripper clips are 1943 Izhevsk and the ammo pouch is from the period and I had to get that from the UK. The common post war items are easier to find and cheaper. All of the numbers on the gun match but may have been forced matched after the war when the guns were refurbished and put away. Apparently this lot of guns from Cabela's came from Ukraine. Both of my parents are Ukrainian so that was pretty cool. The only thing I need to do is shoot it.
:smiley_depressive:

Last edited by a moderator:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Dannmann is going to smile! I like it TOO! Nice addition of the pictures in the bottom right corner. Subtle. I almost didn't notice them. Just a nice setup for a display.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'd like to get me one just for shits and giggles. Good stuff Mike! Great work on the picture!

What luck Saturday my brother is bringing me one to sell for him. It has the bayonet. Haven't seen it yet but I believed dated 1945 and may have a Russian scyle on it. ASAP
He seen them on Gunbroker for 250.00 and thinks it's worth that. GB charges 2.5% fee.

Mike,
A good looking rifle and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. I used to own one from the Finnish Armory, a M-39 and it was a shooter. I sold it to a guy I work with for some cash to get some gun smithing done to another rifle. I paid $80 for it, sold it for $100 and I think they're selling for $160, now.

Let us know how she performs at the range. :smiley_chinrub:

Bowhunter57