Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Nice day out

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Fishing a tournament next Saturday on guilford lake up here in Columbiana county south of Salem and west of Lisbon. My buddy Sean and I decided too do a little prefishing today and we took both our boats too cover more water.... Had a decent day catching 12 keepers between us, if the pattern stays the same we should have a respectable showing and hopefully cashing a check in the process lol..... Sean caught the biggest but even if we wanted too we wouldn't be able too weigh it.... They put a slot length on this lake starting this year on bass.... 2 under 14" and 1 over 21" last year I caught 3 fish over 21" there in the spring... Hoping for good things out of this lake in the years too come.... I'll add Sean's picture showing the 18" large mouth he caught right off the bat...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 286

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Best of luck J. I have to admit, my skills on big lakes and deep water are lacking! I admire anyone who can pinpoint fish in those areas! Good luck!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tough day at the office lol... Made it too Guilford @ 0630 started fishing @ 0700 and fished till 3:00.... Mix of clouds and sun with winds 5-10 with a few gusts every now and then around 15 mph.... Water temp was 67 and water was silted with about 6" of visibility....

Shaun (partner) caught the first keeper around 8:00, and I caught the second one about a half hour later..... Caught some short fish throughout the morning with some crappies and a couple of bluegills bing launched over the boat lol..... Nothing like setting the hook and seeing a fish coming at your head.....

Around noon hooked into a good one and got it in the boat, but unfortunately there's a slot length on the lake and I a fish is between 14" -20" you can't keep them.... This one was 18.5" and was really fat probably between 3.5-4.0 lbs nothing like throwing those back in lol.... That was the highlight of the day as the rest of he day were short fish.... Con't

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Shaun was frustrated as we had caught 17 keepers last weekend, but I explained too him we know this lake pretty good and if we're struggling then my gut says that everyone else is as well, we we t too the ramp with 5 minutes left and put the boat on the trailer and a brief scan of boats made me feel better as everyone said they struggled....

We weighed in second too last and took second with big bass for the tourney.... Nice pay check for the and bragging rights too boot lol. The winners had three fish and beat us by a half a pound so I'll take it and move on to the next one lol....

All in all a pretty good day and Shaun felt a whole lot better in the end lol....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 281

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Nicest part is Shaun's trolling motor batteries were 5 years old and pretty much on their last leg and he now has the cash for two new replacements.... :smiley_coolpeace:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well got home from North Dakota yesterday afternoon, had a nice dinner with my lovely wife, and spent the evening together.... Woke up read the paper got the boat ready for a tournament tomorrow on lake Milton.... Fishing it with my daughter since we havent fished one for a few years so I told her we'd fish it together.... Well the boats all ready and got a text from a buddy and he wanted too go out fishing this afternoon..... So we went too Evans lakes and had a really good day... I caught 8 nice keepers and half dozen 12-14" fish as well....

All in a way better than average day for the both of us....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 276
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 314
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 306

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Here's the fish my buddy Greg caught...

He caught some nice ones as well but for some reason they won't upload..... :smiley_chinrub:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 317