Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fawns Dropping?

Huckleberry Finn

I saw my 4 backyard does tonight and none of them looked pregnant...I watched them on and off for about 25 minutes thinking I might get a glimpse of an early fawn since they were all bone skinny, but nothing.

I would expect out of 4 does that some would get bred and that there would be some fawn survival - might be too early yet...grass could have been too high...just thinkin outloud.

Anyone getting lil buggers on cams yet?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a couple preggo does on the camera card I checked today. They don't look ready to drop yet. Did all the does look young? Maybe a group of last years fawns hanging out while their mommas are dropping their new siblings? Just a thought.

Huckleberry Finn

I have a couple preggo does on the camera card I checked today. They don't look ready to drop yet. Did all the does look young? Maybe a group of last years fawns hanging out while their mommas are dropping their new siblings? Just a thought.

Nah I saw the same 4 in the fall very consistently. Last fall they were 2 mature does with 2 yearlings.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Could be lesbidoes?!? Lol

I must admit though, 4 does in an urban area not looking prego or having a fawn nearby does make you wonder.

Huckleberry Finn

We'll see what happens. I was seeing them almost every day in January and February when I was home at this time, but haven't seen 'em since. It was good to see them back and now I'll just have to keep a closer eye out...

Maybe some dumb town gave 'em contraceptives!