Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Awesome morning

JPN

coshocton
I had an awesome hunt this morning with my cousin Marcus (Mao). We set up on the edge of a field where the birds were yesterday hoping they would still be around. As it got light we didn't hear anything and were getting a little worried. A few minutes later one gobbled about 80 yards away. There were 2 gobbling pretty regular for the next ten min or so. Then about 30 yards behind us one hammered. It had one of the deepest, raspy gobbles I've heard. They kept gobbling and some hens fired up and we had turkeys everywhere! The first bird to fly down was a jake. Next a hen soared right over our heads. The toms flew down inside the woods and all met up and started the other way. I let out a few calls and they made their way back to us. Once they got to about 40 yards they hung up and saw something they didn't like. One started putting so it was now or never. We both shot and we had two birds flopping! This was definitely one of my most exciting and memorable hunts. It was actually Marcus and I's second double together!

Mao

Coshocton, OH
That was quite a morning. Heck of a good time. You did leave out a key part where the giant June bug cracked me between the eyes as daylight was breaking and how we were trying to keep from laughing to loudly. Look forward to trying to pull off double #3.

JPN

coshocton
That was quite a morning. Heck of a good time. You did leave out a key part where the giant June bug cracked me between the eyes as daylight was breaking and how we were trying to keep from laughing to loudly. Look forward to trying to pull off double #3.

Haha I actually had that typed but then erased it, figured I'd let you tell it.