Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Mothers Day Gift Ideas

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
This will be my wife's first Mothers Day and I'd like to do/get her something special. I'm a shitty gift giver and not the least bit creative, so I need some help here.

Idears?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
"Something" with a date on it or can be engraved on it. Like a mother and child figurine with 2013 on it.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Do the old retro hands in the plaster with the dates like Diane said.... You can add color too it as well... Personal touch....

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
One of the girls here at work says "a locket with a picture of the baby and the date engraved on it"

One of the guys says " a box of condoms"

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Hey buddy, I know time is an element, but you can have a birth stone added to her wedding ring? It's a really nice addition to her already engagement or wedding ring. Just a thought.

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
My wife isn't one for trinkets and nick nacks...My mother loves anything from Precious Moments.

We had glass ornaments made of our childrens hand or foot...http://pinkiesandpiggies.net/

A card and some flowers may not seem like a big deal but presentation is everything...I always leave work before her and on those special occassions I would sneak into the baby's room and put the card in the crib so that she would see the card when we she got the babies up in the morning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Has anyone mentioned a Mother's Ring? Not sure your budget, but on a short time frame, a mothers ring can be picked up quicker than something can be made or engraved. Just a thought. I am not very good at this stuff either.