Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Panther?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Down here outside of Cincinnati to the west and northwest of it there has been reports on the news both TV and radio of panthers being spotted. My buddies daughter happened to look out her parents window towards the back pasture and quickly grabbed a camera/iPhone and snapped these two pics as something that resembles one crossed the field.
It isn't the best pics and if someone here wants to zoom it in or enlarge it...feel free. I zoomed it in on my iPhone and IMO, it can very well be a mountain lion. Fuggar is long that's for sure.

For the record, reports of these long tailed big cats have been around for the last 12-15 years. Here are the two pics texted to me. Look to the center/right just below the fields crest.

Look to the left on the horizon of the fields crest.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I wouldn't consider it an improbability, definitely might make you think twice about the early/late walks in the woods during turkey/deer/etc season.

ETA:
Especially since it has taken so long for the ODNR to confirm bears and bobcats in Ohio even though prints and photos have been shown for years.

Shoot it and get some confirmation of its' existance. I'd like to be the first kid on my block to get a big cat, big foot, elk, lion, etc. There not on the Ohio endangered species list, so their fair game...no license required.

However, if you do shoot it and it ends up having a collar and the people that own it find out, they can file personal property damages. If that happens then the people that own it have to produce the proper ownership paperwork or they'll get charges filed against themselves, by the state.

Just the same, I'd still shoot it. I hate cats anyway. Well, I shouldn't say that...it depends on how they're cooked. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wouldn't surprise me. They have been reported around here. Later they claimed they were Maine cats or Main or Mein. Not sure I believe them. I know people who saw them on a few occasions.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
I wouldn't rule it out! We have had reports over here too! Kinda like Sasquatch reportings, with today's technology. Why isn't there trail cam pics by the thousands of that hairy fugger? Lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have no problems believing it. There have been sightings, confirmed ones, around here before. They were pets that had been turned loose, but big cats nonetheless. A big cat killed a llama next to my uncle's place a few years back and to my knowledge, they never found the cat. Plenty of room to roam in parts of this state, even for a big cat...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Shoot it and get some confirmation of its' existance. I'd like to be the first kid on my block to get a big cat, big foot, elk, lion, etc. There not on the Ohio endangered species list, so their fair game...no license required.

However, if you do shoot it and it ends up having a collar and the people that own it find out, they can file personal property damages. If that happens then the people that own it have to produce the proper ownership paperwork or they'll get charges filed against themselves, by the state.

Just the same, I'd still shoot it. I hate cats anyway. Well, I shouldn't say that...it depends on how they're cooked. :smiley_blink:

Bowhunter57

Usually covered by leash law or something similar for pinned animals.