Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

honey bees.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Anyone else been seeing a lot of honey bees this spring? i found a huge hive last week while looking for mushrooms. and They are constantly buzzing around our bird bath. I'm glad to see them even though i am allergic to them.i

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I was back in that wood lot today. I swear i could hear that hive from 100 yards away. When i got closer, there weren't any more bees visible than last time. The incredibly load droning sound was coming from within the tree.

Last year, a new guy got permission to hunt those woods, his stand is only about thirty yards from this tree. I hope I can catch up to him and let him know to be aware of this during early season.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I was back in that wood lot today. I swear i could hear that hive from 100 yards away. When i got closer, there weren't any more bees visible than last time. The incredibly load droning sound was coming from within the tree.

Last year, a new guy got permission to hunt those woods, his stand is only about thirty yards from this tree. I hope I can catch up to him and let him know to be aware of this during early season.

They're buzzing to keep the honey and comb cool. Beehive ac

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Wouldn't say a word to the new guy. If he can't figure that out when he goes to get in his stand then maybe he will learn real quick and move or not come back lol.

Honestly, I don't think he shows up to hunt until rut so he should be fine by then. Maybe put a note in a zip-loc and attach it to his tree? I'm going to guess if you can hear it from as far away as you did he will hear it from 30 yards away and stay clear of it but who knows. We have some bright people hunting out that way....nothing like putting a stand right on a highway of a deer trail lol.