Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

had to put one of the dogs down

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Brutus, My little mexican buddy, had to be put down today.

When my wife first brought him home, I was like "really???... A chihuahua?..." But over the last 6 years I have to admit, the little fugger grew on me. Chihuahuas are prone to having seizures. And and even though he was on medication for it, yesterday he had a violent one. After it was over, he just wasnt "right". bumping into walls, stumbling over things, not coming when called. He had another wicked seizuer this morning. The wife took him to the vet and he had another one. The really bad one yesterday burst a couple blood vessels in his head and blinded him. It also hurt his hearing, which explains the way he acted last night. The vet said he was going to continue to have frequent seizures and recommended he be put down.

Sucks, he was not that old. He was fine the day before yesterday, blind and deaf the next, dead today.

gonna miss that lil basterd.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

here is a picture of the little fugger!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I'm sorry to read about your loss Dante.

Loss of a dog that has grow on you is always a special kind of hard...

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Man Dante this sucks. I have always heard the little ones think they are as big as what they are looking at. Sounds lime that's how he was. Well now Brutus and Samson are in playing together.