Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTB - Bullet Casting Molds

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Looking for 2 cavity mold(s) for .40S&W - pref Lee TL401-175SWC or 401-175TC

Also might be interest in 9mm mold

Beggars can't be choosers so let me know what you're interested in selling

PS - would also be interested in mold for round ball for .50 cal muzzy

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Yeah I joined and actually saw your mug over there....been scoutin their selling/swapping section but haven't seen what I want.... yet.
That place is like a regular farmers market over there, and them ol' boys know their stuff.

Appreciate ya lookin John

FredT

SE Ohio

Trust me on this one, if you did not buy your mold yet, get the 6 cavity Lee. The pic shows the 175 TL for use in my .40 S&W, a Beretta 96. I will never (never say never) buy a 2 cavity mold again if I can get it in a 6 cavity.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro

Trust me on this one, if you did not buy your mold yet, get the 6 cavity Lee. The pic shows the 175 TL for use in my .40 S&W, a Beretta 96. I will never (never say never) buy a 2 cavity mold again if I can get it in a 6 cavity.

yeah, I've actually got this exact mold on order with FS Reloading - it showed in stock when I placed the order online then when I finished paying it showed on backorder - I didn't cancel the order, just figured I'd let it ride and not cancel until if&when I found something else...which is not proving easy.

Fred, which Lee mold would you suggest for 30-30? what grain bullet do you get the best results from?

FredT

SE Ohio
I have had great results with the Lee 170 RF with gas check. (2 Cavity only) I run them through the Lee .309 sizer which seats the gas check, smear some liquid alox on the driving bands, set them over nite on wax paper, load them the next day. Very economical way to make your projectiles for your .30-30. You will need a Lyman "M" die or the likes to flair the mouth of the case a bit just like you do with the .40 S&W.