Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cool video (especially for machinists)

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/BckZ4i1BzF0?feature=player_embedded[/video]I just enjoyed this and thought I'd share

[video]http://www.youtube.com/embed/BckZ4i1BzF0?feature=player_embedded[/video]

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Really great video Dan, Men like those are a dying breed, I work with a old school fellow like that, doesn't know anything about a CNC machine and doesn't want to know anything about them either, he will sit down at a lathe or bridgeport with a pad and a pencil, draw out whatever it is we need to make and get after it on a manual mill, and I guarantee it will look as good as the same thing coming out of a CNC machine. I am trying to learn all I can from him while I can, because when he is gone from our shop we won't have that anymore.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Really interesting video of a breed of machinists that going too the weigh side and taken over by computer operated machines....

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Those guys know what life is really about. A lot of people will spend their lives running around in the rat race, chasing their own tails and not experience a fraction of the happiness these men do.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Kinda wished I was a part of a family trade like that! What a feel good part of America, that is still a live and well. Thanks for sharing that Dan.

Proud family business, at it's finest!

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Great post Danmann, thank you for sharing! Skilled trades are a dying breed and America needs to find the next big thing or she will sink. I would not trade 4yrs of Industrial Tech, Auto Tech, or FFA in HS for anything. These programs need to be brought back!!!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Great post Danmann, thank you for sharing! Skilled trades are a dying breed and America needs to find the next big thing or she will sink. I would not trade 4yrs of Industrial Tech, Auto Tech, or FFA in HS for anything. These programs need to be brought back!!!

Very important classes I think. Personally, I took "shop" (industrial arts) in jr hi and 2 yrs in high school.
Learned how to read blueprints, make stuff...and as it turns out I ended up using those skills and still do every day in my job in sales.

Shop and "personal typing" - the two classes were electives for me, and end up being the most useful classes I took in all of high school.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ironically, the elective class i hated the most was typing and it has proven to be one of the most beneficial classes I ever took.