Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hillbilly Blood

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Anyone catch the new show of Hillbilly Blood on Discovery Channel tonight?
I really got a kick out of the cleaning of the doe they caught in a snare. It had big bruises on the back. I would say a staged kill and probaly a road kill.
At least it's better than the new Backyard Oil show. Now there's some real crazy ones. I hope no one's relation.

I did forget to mention that these shows only show a bad side. And only to make the networks a ton of profit.

Last edited:

Huckleberry Finn

I caught a teaser for the Backyard Oil show and thought it was decent, but I'm sure they will show a ton of enviromental mishaps.

Who knew a fat 5 year old would turn America onto hillbilly reality tv? After a little honey bo-boo and the Swamp People, the ole Robertsons took off and then it's been shit ever since...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It hate all of it with Duck Dynasty being the exception. I'm a redneck country boy and proud of it. But I'm also not an idiot. I'm a college educated professional who married a non-relative and has the ability to communicate in an effective manner. These shows do nothing but promote the idea that all country folk are fucking idiots. Just a way for Hollywood to perpetuate the stereotype and make money off our backs...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It hate all of it with Duck Dynasty being the exception. I'm a redneck country boy and proud of it. But I'm also not an idiot. I'm a college educated professional who married a non-relative and has the ability to communicate in an effective manner. These shows do nothing but promote the idea that all country folk are fucking idiots. Just a way for Hollywood to perpetuate the stereotype and make money off our backs...

Look around Jesse we are the exception not the rule brother. Think about how many hunters you've met in your days, now what percentage of them were complete dumbasses. Think about how many people you have met being a landman. How many were smart like us, and how many were just stupid. That's not saying those city yuppie people are any smarter as a whole. But they have their fair share of idiots on TV too.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nearly half of all people have below average intelligence. Not sure it's any worse in country folks then city folks.

Reminds me of an old George Carlin joke.. "Think of how stupid the average person is.. The realize half of them are stupider than that!"